United India Insurance Co. Ltd. a leading Public sector general insurance company wholly owned by Government of India. Invites applications from Indian Citizens for the post of Administrative Officer (Scale I), who fulfill the eligibility criteria.
(1) Total No of Vacancies:
(2) Eligibility conditions: (As on 31.12.2011)
(A) Educational Qualification: M B B S. (MCI Registration number to be provided) Working knowledge of computers is preferable.
(B) Age (As on 31.12.2011) : Minimum age: 21 years
Maximum age limit:
The upper age limit as stated above relaxable for Persons with Disability by further period of 10 years for respective categories.
(3) Emoluments and Benefits : Rs.28,000/- p.m. (approx)
Basic pay in the scale of Rs.17240/-840(14)-29000-910(4)-32640 and other admissible allowances as applicable in terms of the General Insurance (Rationalisation of Pay Scales and Other Conditions of Service of Officers)Scheme, 1975 as amended from time to time. Besides emoluments, other benefits like Gratuity, LTS, Medical Benefits, Group Personal Accident Insurance, Group Savings Linked Insurance Scheme (GSLI), Performance Linked Incentive (PLI) and Pension as applicable would be extended as per rules of the Company.
(4) Service Conditions:
As applicable in the Company from time to time. Posts are permanent and the selected candidates on appointment may be posted or transferred to any place in India as may be decided by the Company.
(5) Selection Procedure:
The selection shall be based on the interview as would be conducted by the company. Outstation candidates called for interview will be reimbursed to and fro AC second class rail fare/bus fare by the shortest route from the station of residence to the place of interview on production of evidence of having undertaken journey for interview purpose.
Selected candidates if certified to be medically fit, may be appointed as ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER (SCALE-I) on probation for a period of one year which may be extended by a further period of six months.
The Company reserves the right to terminate the service of the candidate if found unsuitable at any time during the probationary period or the extended probationary period without any notice or assigning any reason thereof. During the probationary period, candidates may be required to undergo theoretical / practical training as may be prescribed / arranged for them.
(7) Guarantee Bond:
Before joining as probationer, the selected candidates will be required to give an undertaking to serve the Company for a minimum period of two years including probationary period. He/She shall execute an agreement to serve the company for a minimum period of two years and in the event of their resigning from the Company before the expiry of the stipulated period, they will be liable to pay liquidated damages of Rs. One lakhs. A bank guarantee secured from a nationalised bank or a fixed deposit in a nationalised bank with the lien of the company shall be produced at the time of joining the services. The bank guarantee/ fixed deposit shall be live for two for years. In the event of failure to serve the minimum period, the bank guarantee/fixed deposit will be invoked.
No lien/bond executed to retain a substantive post with present employer will be binding upon the Company and no Leave Salary or Pension Contribution will be made.
(8) How to Apply:
- Applications should be on A4 paper neatly typed or handwritten in CAPITAL LETTERS and in the prescribed format only. Applications submitted in any other format will not be accepted.
- Superscribe at left hand upper corner of the envelope “UIIC – ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER – MEDICAL”
- Caste Certificate in respect of SC/ST/OBC candidates is to be obtained (to be produced at the time of interview) from the following Authorities:
- District Magistrate / Additional District Magistrate / Collector / Deputy Commissioner / Deputy Collector / Sub-Divisional Magistrate / Taluka Magistrate / Executive Magistrate / Extra Assistant Commissioner (Not below the rank of First Class Stipendiary Magistrate)
- Chief Presidency Magistrate / Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate / Presidency Magistrate.
- Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar
- Sub-Divisional Officer of the area where the candidate and/or his family normally resides.
- In so far as the Scheduled Tribes communities of Tamil Nadu are concerned, only the Certificate given by the Revenue Divisional Officer (instead of Tehsildar) would be accepted.
- For claiming reservation under OBC category, candidate should belong to such Caste or Community, which is common to both the lists in respect of Mandal Commission and the State Govt. lists from the State of his/her origin (as per the list published by the Central Govt.). The benefits of reservation shall not apply to persons/sections belonging to “Creamy Layer” as specified vide Column 3 of the Schedule of the Department of Personnel and Training OM No.36012/22/93-Estt (SCT) dated 08.09.1993. Candidates should produce certificate (at the time of interview) as per proforma prescribed by Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, Government of India, which should include that they do not belong to “Creamy Layer”.
- Candidates serving in Govt/Quasi Govt/Public Sector Undertakings are required to send their application through proper channel. However, they may send an advance copy of the application so as to reach within the time stipulated.
- Company reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview commensurate with the number of vacancies.
- Minimum qualification of M B B S is essential and those without this qualification are not eligible for the post.
- Company has its Offices throughout India and the Company shall have the prerogative to decide on allotment and posting of the selected candidates depending on the requirement and not at the candidate’s choice and no requests in this regard would be entertained.
- The decision of the Company will be final and binding in all matters. The Company takes no responsibility for any delay in receipt of or loss in transit of any application or communication at any point of time during the recruitment exercise.
- Company reserves the right not to call any candidates to appear at the interview.
- Applications complete in all respects must reach by ordinary post on or before 27.01.2012 at the following address:
“DEPUTY GENERAL MANAGER (HR), HRM DEPARTMENT,UNITED INDIA INSURANCE CO.LTD.,HEAD OFFICE,24 WHITES ROAD, CHENNAI 600 014.
Applications sent by courier or any other mode will not be accepted.
The candidates would be required to submit the attested copies of certificates in proof of their age/date of birth, educational qualifications, community to which they claim to belong etc., at the time of interview and the originals for verification.
- In case it is found at any stage of recruitment the candidate does not fulfil the eligibility criteria and/or he/she has furnished any incorrect/false/incomplete information or has suppressed any material fact(s), his/her candidature will stand cancelled. If any of these shortcomings detected even after appointment, his/her services are liable to be terminated forthwith. Before applying for any post, the candidate should ensure that he/she fulfills the eligibility and other norms mentioned in this advertisement. The decision of the Company in respect of matters concerning eligibility of the candidate, the stages at which such scrutiny of eligibility is to be undertaken, the documents to be produced for the purpose of conduct of interview, selection and any other matter relating to recruitment will be final and binding on the candidate.
- Any resulting dispute arising out of this process/advertisement shall be subject to the sole jurisdiction of the courts situated in Chennai.
- The Company shall not entertain any correspondence or personal enquiries.
- Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidate for consideration for the posts.
- Candidates satisfying the eligibility conditions may send their applications in the format.
More Details: Click Here