Last date of application: 15 April, 2011
IIT Gandhinagar invites applications to M.Tech programmes in Chemical, and Civil Engineering for the year 2011-2012. The M.Tech curriculum at IIT Gandhinagar has been designed to be highly creative with a focus on interdisciplinary skills.
- At least 55% marks in B.E. /B.Tech or equivalent in appropriate branches (50% marks for SC /ST)
- Candidate must have qualified GATE
Above mentioned eligibility criteria is minimum and Institute may use higher cut-offs to shortlist the candidates for interview/selection rounds.
Disciplines: Chemical and Civil Engineering
- Specilization: Candidates applying for MTech programmes should look at IIT Gandhinagar website for information on the available specializations in a particular discipline. Civil Engineering students are expected to work in geotechnical engineering.
- Programme requirements: Equal emphasis on course-work and research dissertation/thesis. (please see the General Information Brochure for more details).
- M. Tech Thesis: The thesis is compulsory for an award of M. Tech degree. It is expected that the thesis would result in high quality scholarly publications and national and international conference presentations.
- Scholarships: Eligible candidates admitted to M.Tech programme will receive a monthly scholarship of Rs. 8000/- .
- Travel scholarships: Institute encourages M.Tech students to present their research work at National Conferences, and provides full travel scholarships to such students.
- Accommodations: The MTech programme is fully residential. The hostel facilities will be provided by the Institute upon payment of hostel fees.
- SC/ST/OBC candidates: Candidates need to submit the original proof at the time of interview.
- Application form can be downloaded from www.iitgn.ac.in/mtech.htm. There are no application fees. Last date for receiving hard copy of applications is 15 April, 2011
PhD programme in several disciplines in Engineering (Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electrical and Mechanical), Sciences (Chemistry and Mathematics) and Humanities & Social Sciences (Cognitive Science, English and Philosophy). Prospective students satisfying the eligibility criteria are encouraged to acquaint themselves with the research areas of our faculty members for suitable match of interest before applying for PhD programme.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria
- At least 55% marks in MA/MSc/B.Tech /M.Tech or equivalent degree in appropriate branches. Candidates belonging to SC/ST categories would be eligible for relaxations, as per norms, in the selection criteria. The eligibility criteria is minimum and the departments may use higher cut off levels for short listing.
- Candidate must have qualified GATE/CSIR-UGC/NET-UGC in order to avail financial support.
- B.Tech graduates from the IITs with CGPA score of 8.0 or above (on scale of 10) would also be entitled to the assistantship without having to appear in GATE.
Residential Requirement: PhD programme is fully residential. For external candidates the minimum residential requirement is normally one year.
Assistant Registrar (Academics), Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar, Vishwakarma Government Engineering College Campus, Chandkheda, Visat-Gandhinagar Highway, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India – 382424
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com