- Last date of application: 31.01.2012
- Date of Examination: 06.05.2012
Humanities & Social Sciences Entrance Examination (HSEE)
- Integrated M.A. in Development Studies
- Integrated M.A. in English Studies
DISTINCTIVE FEATURES OF THE PROGRAMME
The programme has been designed to expose students to a plurality of ideas and perspectives . The distinctive features of this programme is that it allows students to choose their disciplines after getting a wide exposure to the field of humanities and social sciences. During the first two years of the programme, students will be introduced to a variety of common subjects related to the two major disciplines offered from the third year. These common subjects are meant both to develop students appreciation of the multi-disciplinary nature of fundamental concepts in humanities and social sciences and to enable them in choosing their professional disciplines. A description of each discipline of the programme is given in the brochure attached below
ADMISSION MODE AND INTAKE
Admission is solely through Humanities and Social Sciences Entrance Examination (HSEE). The programme has a total of 46 seats; each discipline will have a total of 23 seats. Allocations of seats to individual disciplines will be made based on the academic performance of students (CGPA) during the first three semesters, students preferences and availability of seats under each discipline.
SCHEDULE OF HSEE-2012
The examination will be held on Sunday , May 06, 2012 between 10:00 and 13:00 hrs in all centres throughout India. The date will remain unaltered even if this date is declared as a public holiday.
Qualifying Examination (QE) : Candidates applying for HSEE-2012 should have either completed or are appearing in 2012 in any one of the following qualifying examinations (QE);
- The final examination of the 10+2 system , conducted by any recognised Central / State Board , such as Central Board of Secondary Education , New Delhi. Council for Indian School Certificate Examination , New Delhi; etc.
- Intermediate or two year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board / University.
- Final Examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/ Sri Lanka ) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University.
- Any Public School / Board / University Examination in India or in any foreign country recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system.
- H.S.C. Vocational Examination.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects.
One should note that course which are preparatory in nature , without offering any degree are not considered equivalent to 10+2 system. In case the relevant qualifying examination is not a public examination , the candidate must have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination at an earlier level. This is in addition to passing in the qualifying examination with aggregate marks relevant to the category of he candidates.
DATE OF BIRTH: A candidate, whose date of birth falls on or after October 01, 1987, is eligible for HSEE-2012 . However, in the case of SC, ST and PD candidates, upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years , i.e., candidates belonging to these categories / subcategories born on or after October 01 , 1982 are eligible . The date of birth as recorded in the High School (10th std / 12th std.) first Board / Pre-University Certificate will be taken as authentic. Candidates must produce a copy of this certificate along with the completed Application Form.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Application for the HSEE-2012 is only through Online mode . The Procedure is given below:
- Access to a computer with Internet connection and a printer.
- Logon to the site http://hsee.iitm.ac.in and select from the menu ‘Apply Online’ and follow the instructions on the site. Enter all data as per instructions. The site will prompt you to save your data on the system when necessary.
- After successfully entering the data, click the ‘finalize’ button. After this, you cannot edit your application. The system will then generate a printed version of your application.
- Go to any branch of the Indian Bank and pay the fees by challan. Mention your application number on the three copies of the challan.
Note: If you wish to pay by DD, the DD has to be obtained in the favor of Chairman, HSEE 2012, IIT Madras, payable at chennai, the bank charges will be borne by you. Payment of application fee must be done during December 20, 2011 to January 25, 2012.
- In the printout of the application, fill up the details regarding the ‘challan journal number’ or the ‘ank draft number’. with the bank detail and the date of payment.
- Affix your photograph at the appropriate place(s) . You and your father/guardian must sign at the bottom of the declarations. Then only your application form is complete.
- Put the completed application form, a copy of your 10th class certificate/ 10+2 certificate / date of birth certificate, copy of category certificate if applicable , and the bank draft (or Institute copy of the bank challan ) in an A4 size envelope and post it by speed post or registered post to the following address within four working days: The Chairman, HSEE-2012, JEE Office, IIT Madras, Chennai-600036
- All applications are to be made through online mode. See http://hsee.iitm.ac.in
- There is No application fee for Female Candidates.
- Application fee (for SC/ST/PD (male) candidates is Rs.800/- and for GE/OBC (Male) Rs.1600/-) can be paid through Indian Bank Challan or by demand draft
- Ensure that you fulfill all eligibility criteria given in section 11 of the brochure attached below
- Submit only one application form.
- Options once selected in the application form cannot be changed at a later stage
- Filling up the online application is not enough . Printed copy of the completed form along with other documents is to be sent to the Chairman, HSEE-2012, JEE Office , IIT Madras , Chennai-600036. It must reach IIT Madras on or before January 31, 2012.IIT Madras will not be responsible for any postal delay .If it reaches IIT Madras later than January 31.2012 the application will be rejected .
- No acknowledgment card will be sent . The candidates are advised to check their application status from the HSEE website after a week from the last date for receipt of applications.
- The application fee is non-refundable.
- For all enquires , candidates may use the email(firstname.lastname@example.org). See the last page of this brochure for important dates.
CHECKLIST OF DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED
- Printed application form with photograph pasted, and signed by the candidate and parent/guardian.
- Paid Bank challan (institute copy) for all male candidates
- Attested copy of 10th Class certificate for Name and Age Proof.
- Attested copy of 10+2 Class Mark sheet (if already passed 10+2 examination).
- Attested copy category certificate [SC/ST/OBC(NCL)] . See Appendix I and Appendix II of the brochure
Last Date: The application complete in all respects along with all enclosures such as copies of certificates and the ‘ Institute Copy’ of the bank challan (or Bank draft obtained in favour of The Chairman, HSEE-2012, IIT Madras , payable at chennai) must reach the chairman, HSEE-2012, IIT Madras on or before 17.00 hours an January 31,2012. IIT Madras will not be responsible for any postal delay. If the completed application reaches IIT Madras later than January 31, 2012, then the application will be rejected .
There will not be any acknowledgement of the application. However , as and when the applications are received , it will be reflected on the HSEE website. Candidates should check the HSEE website for the status of their applications after February 04,2012.
Click here for brochure