SCHEDULE FOR ADMISSION FOR THE YEAR 2010-11: INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MASS COMMUNICATION
Last Date for Application: 20th April, 2010
Entrance Examination: 21st May, 2010
IIMC, an Internationally-known centre for training and research in Mass Communication, an autonomous body funded by the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Govt of India. Invites application for following courses
- Post-graduate Diploma Course in Journalism (English), New Delhi & Dhenkanal branch (Orissa)
- Post-graduate Diploma Course in Journalism (Hindi), New Delhi
- Post-graduate Diploma Course in Radio & Television Journalism, New Delhi
- Post-graduate Diploma Course in Advertising and Public Relations, New Delhi
- Post-graduate Diploma Course in Journalism (Oriya) Dhenkanal branch (Orissa)
- DURATION : August 2010 to April 2011
- ELIGIBILITY : Bachelor’s degree in any discipline. Those who have appeared/appearing in final degreeexamination are also eligible to apply.
- DATE OF BIRTH : 1.8.1985 or later (for SCs/STs/PH 1.8.1980 or later and for OBC 1.8.1982 or later).
- NO. OF SEATS : 62+62 in Course No. 1, 62 in Course No. 2, 46 in Course No. 3, 70 in Course No. 4 and 23 in Course No. 5. Five seats available for NRIs/NRIs sponsored candidates, for which a separate prescribed applicationform should be submitted.
- RESERVATION OF SEATS : As per Government of India Orders for SC/ST/PH/OBC candidates.
- MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION AND EXAMINATION : Hindi and/or English and Course No. 5 in Oriya.
- HOSTEL: At Delhi Campus: Limited accommodation only for outstation girl candidates; At Dhenkanal: Facilities available for both boys and girls.
- FEE : Courses No.1 & 2 Rs. 38,000 each, Course No. 3 Rs. 84,000, Course No. 4. Rs. 53,000 and Course No. 5 Rs. 22,000.
- ENTRANCE EXAMINATION : 21 May, 2010 at New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Patna, Lucknow, Bhubaneshwar, Guwahati centres. Oriya Journalism Exam will be held on 20 May 2010 at Bhubaneshwar Centre only.
- INTERVIEW : Last week of June/First week of July, 2010; Course No. 1, 2, 3 & 4 – at New Delhi; For Course 5 – at Dhenkanal (Orissa)
- APPLICATIONS : 1. Application forms can be purchased in person or by post. Application forms and prospectus can be obtained on payment of Rs. 1100/- through a demand draft only, drawn on any scheduled bank payable to Registrar IIMC at New Delhi, from IIMC New Delhi or Dhenkanal branch (Orissa). Request for application forms should be accompanied with Demand Draft & a self-addressed stamped (Rs. 50) envelope (27×17 cm). 2. For on-line Application process The application form can be filled after downloading from www.iimc.gov.in. Each application form must be accompanied by a Demand Draft for Rs. 1100/- for General & Rs.1000/- for SC/ST/OBC/Physically Handicapped categories drawn in favour of Registrar, IIMC New Delhi. Last date for receipt of application forms & DD is April 20, 2010.
- Important : The sale of application forms will commence at IIMC New Delhi and Dhenkanal branch from 29 March 2010. Application form/entrance examination for course No. 1, 2 is common. There are separate application forms/entrance examinations for course No.3, 4 & 5. Candidates who wish to apply for all Courses Viz Journalism (course 1 & 2), Radio & TV Journalism (course No. 3) Advertising and Public Relations (course No. 4) and Oriya Journalism (Course No. 5) will have to fill separate application forms. Last date for issue of application forms in person/post is April 20, 2010. Completed application forms with DD should reach to Registrar, IIMC, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, New Delhi-110067 on or before April 20, 2010. For further Information Contact : 011-26741073, 26741352 (New Delhi)/06762-226194, 226196 (Dhenkanal branch) Fax : 011-26742462, 26741268 (New Delhi)/06762-226195, 226197 (Dhenkanal branch) website : www.iimc.gov.in