- WHAT IS IT: Institute of national Importance, Offering programs on mathematics & statistics.
- PROGRAMS: B.Stat, B.Math, M.Stat, M.Math, MS Quantitative Economics, MS Library Information Science, M.Tech Computer Science, M.Tech Quality, Reliability & Operations Research
- ADMISSIONS: Through written examination conducted by ISI.
- PROGRAM COST: Subsidised, also scholarships available.
- ACCOMMODATION: On campus. There are hostels for boys and girls.
- LOCATION: Calcutta, Delhi, Bangalore
- ADDRESS: Indian Statistical Institute,, 203 Barrackpore Trunk Road, Kolkata 700108, India, Ph: 033-25752500, www.isical.ac.in
Indian Statistical Institute is a premier institute dedicated to research, teaching and application of statistics, natural sciences and social sciences. It is situated in Calcutta, but has study centers also in Bangalore & Delhi. The institute was founded by Prof.Mahalanobis in the year 1931. Today is has the status of Institution of National Importance.
The institute today offers degree programs in statistics and mathematics. It also offers various programs in post-graduation.
|B.Stat. (Hons.)||3 years||Kolkata|
|B.Math. (Hons.)||3 years||Bangalore|
|M.Stat.||2 years||Kolkata, Delhi|
|M.Math.||2 years||Kolkata, Bangalore|
|M.S. in Quantitative Economics||2 years||Kolkata, Delhi|
|M.Tech. in Computer Science||2 years||Kolkata|
|M.Tech. in Quality, Reliability and Operations Research||2 years||Kolkata|
During ISI’s past seventy-seven years of glorious existence, what is well known is that apart from joining in front-ranking institutions of higher learning for research, training and teaching; many of our ex-students have joined and have been joining the leading Corporate Giants, which include Multinationals, particularly in the field of IT, IT-es, Banking, Insurance, Manufacturing and other service sectors all across the world. The median salary for 2010-11 was about 8.0 Lakhs per annum. (Click here ti view the placement brochure)