- WHAT IS IT: A Premier Institute of National Importance under the CSIR
- PROGRAMS: MSc. Food Technology
- ADMISSIONS: Garaduation Marks and Entrance Exam conducted by CFTRI.
- PROGRAM COST: 55,000/ yr.
- ACCOMMODATION: On campus. There are hostels for boys and girls.
- PLACEMENTS: In leading companies in Food Industry like Nestle, GSK, HLL ect. In research organisations and Govt. Undertakings.
- LOCATION: Mysore
- ADDRESS: CFTRI, Mysore 570 020, Ph: 0821-2514310, www.cftri.com
CFTRI is a institute under the CSIR and its third national laboratory. CFTRI today stands out among the largest and most diversified technology laboratories in the world. It is now a solid pool of talent and knowledge, with over 300 scientists, technologists and engineers, and over 400 technicians, skilled workers and support staff on its payroll. CFTRI is a multi-disciplinary institute (across 16 R&D departments) that covers almost every field of scientific investigation connected with foods and their relationship to humans, including the cutting edge area of food biotechnology.
India is the second largest food producer in the world and Today India is the second largest food producer in the world and CFTRI helps train professionals to take up careers in food research and food technology. Besides the 2-year M.Sc. Food Technology programme with which the IFTTC was started, M.Sc. Food Science by Research was also started in later years. A number of National and International level short term courses in different branches of food technology are also being conducted, primarily intended for those who want to update their professional skills and status.
MSc. Food Technology
Eligibility: Admission is based on the merit as evidenced by academic records of the qualifying degree exams and also on the performance in the entrance examination.
Minimum qualification for applying to the course is a Bachelor’s Degree in:
Science with Chemistry as one of the major subjects with 55% in optional subjects of B.Sc. pass course (50% for SC/ST category) / 50% for B.Sc.(Hons.) course (45% for SC/ST category).
Agriculture with minimum second class.Engineering / Technology with minimum second class.
Mathematics at the Higher Secondary / PUC level is compulsory for the admission.