JOIN THE ARMED FORCES MEDICAL SERVICES AS SHORT SERVICE COMMISSIONED NURSING OFFICERS IN THE MILITARY NURSING SERVICE (MNS)
- Applications are invited from female candidates who have passed BSc (Nursing)/Post Certificate B.Sc (Nursing) in first attempt or M Sc (Nursing), for grant of Short Service Commission in the Military Nursing Service as Nursing Officers.
- Nationality – Must be a citizen of India (both, Applicant and Spouse, if married).
- Qualification: A candidate must (a) Possess M Sc (Nursing)/B Sc (Nursing)/ Post Certificate B.Sc (Nursing) qualification from INC recognized University. (b) Be a registered Nurse and Midwife from State Nursing Council.
- Age Limit: The candidate must complete 21 years and should not be more than 35 years of age as on 31 Dec 2009.
- Medical Standards: Applicants must be medically fit. The physical fitness of selected candidates will be finally determined by a Medical Board under arrangement made by the office of DGAFMS.
- Method of Selection: Eligible candidates will be called for a written test to be conducted at CH (WC) Chandimandir/Military Hospital Chennai during the second week of Nov 09. Based on the merit in the written test, the required number of qualified candidates will be called for interview followed by a Medical Examination. The total process may take 3-4 days. The candidates called for interview will be paid Sleeper class Railway fare from the place
of residence to the place of examination centre and back as per AI 17/96 amended from time to time.
- Marital status – Unmarried/Married/Divorcee/Widow
- Employability – Candidates selected for grant of SSC in the MNS will be liable to serve for five years extendable to total tenure of fourteen (5+5+4) years, anywhere in India in the same way as Military Nursing Service (Regular) Officers in the Armed Forces (Army, Navy and Air Force).
- Emoluments: On completion of the pre-commissioning formalities, the candidates will be granted the rank of Lieutenant. The pay & emoluments are as applicable to the Central Govt pay scale. Entitled ration, accommodation and allied facilities are also offered.