Last Date : 26-01-2012
NTPC Limited, India’s largest power company with an installed capacity of 34,845 MW is presentlyoperating 15 coal based, 7 gas based power stations and 6 Joint Ventures Companies. NTPC contributedaround 1/3rd of the country’s entire power generation during the year 2010-11 and plans to become a 128GW power company by 2032. NTPC is powering ahead by diversifying its portfolio to emerge as anintegrated power major with presence across the entire energy value chain
Upper Age limit is 27 years as on 01.01.2012 i.e. candidates born before 01.01.85 need not apply
Selection Process :
Eligible candidates will have to appear for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)-2012.Based on the GATE-2012 score and requirement, candidates will be short listed for Group Discussion and Personal Interview. Candidates have to secure minimum qualifying marks in GD & interview.
Compensation Package :
NTPC Ltd. offers one of the best pay packages in the industry. Selected candidates will be placedin the pay scale of Rs. 24900-3%-50500 at the basic pay of Rs. 24900/- during one-year training.These candidates will be absorbed after successful completion of training as Engineer / Officer inthe pay scale of Rs. 24900-3%-50500 at a basic pay of Rs. 25650/-. Besides basic pay candidates will also be paid Dearness Allowance and will also be entitled for other perquisites & allowances under cafeteria approach. Benefits such as leave, medical treatment, Provident Fund, Gratuity, etc will be admissible as per company rules in force from time to timeduring training / after absorption.
Service Bond :
The selected candidates who belong to General and OBC categories will be required to execute a service agreement bond of Rs. 2,50,000/- (Rs. 1,25,000/- for candidates belonging to SC, ST categories and PWDs) to serve the company for at least 3 years after successful completion of the training.
How to Apply :
- GATE-2012 is scheduled on 12th February 2012. For detailed information on GATE-2012, interested candidates may log on to www.iitd.ac.in/gate or websites of other IITs and Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore.
- Candidates need to apply Online for GATE as per the information provided on the websites.They should wait for the admit card to get the GATE registration number
- The candidates will receive their GATE-2012 Registration Number printed on their admit card.On receipt of GATE registration number, the candidates need to apply to on-line for NTPC ET- 2012 on the website www.ntpccareers.net from 6th January-2012 till 26th January-2012.
- While applying Online, candidate should keep the scanned copy of their passport size colour photograph, their signature and SC, ST and Disability certificate (if applicable) in JPEG format of not more than 500 KB size each.
- Read the instructions carefully and fill-in the on-line application form giving accurate information including the GATE-2012 registration number. After successful registration, system will generate a Unique Application Number. Candidates are required to keep the printout of the Application slip which will be generated by the system after successful registration.
- Please ensure that the GATE registration number, which is mentioned on your GATE Admit card, is filled up correctly. Name should also be filled up as appearing in GATE Admit card. No request with respect to the change in any data entered by the candidate will be entertained once the application is submitted successfully
- Important Dates :
GATE 2013 Commencement of Online submission of GATE Application 01 Sept 2012 Last date for Online submission of GATE Application 30 Sept.2012 Last date for receipt of hard copy of Online GATE Application at respective GATE Offices 08 Oct 2012 GATE Examination (EE Paper) 10 Feb 2013 Announcement of GATE Results 15 Mar 2013 NTPC Application Commencement of Online Submission of Application to NTPC 06 Jan 2013 Last date for Online submission of Application to NTPC 26 Jan 2013
Click here for more details
Click here for previous year GATE question Papers
Click here to know more about GATE-2013 Admissions