Applications are invited from unmarried Male candidates for Permanent Commission in Logistics Cadre and unmarried Male and Female candidates for Short Service Commission in Education Branch and ATC of the Indian Navy, who fulfill the condition of nationality as laid down by the Government of India for Course commencing Dec 2012 at the Indian Naval Academy (INA), Ezhimala, Kerala
- Logistics / Works Cadre : 191/2 - 25 Yrs born between 02 Jan 1988-01 Jul 1993
- Education : 21 – 25 Yrs born between 02 Jan 1988 – 01 Jan 1992
- ATC: 191/2 - 25 Yrs born between 02 Jan 1988-01 Jul 1993
- Logistics/ Works (for male candidates only): 60 % marks in the following courses (i) B Com/M. Com (ii) BA/MA (Economics) (iii) BBA /MBA (iv) BBM (v) BCA/MCA (vi) BSc (IT)/MSc (IT) (vii) B.Tech/BE(any discipline) (viii) Graduate Degree with Post Graduate Diploma/Degree in Materials Management (ix) ICWA (x) Chartered Accountancy.
- Works (for male & female candidates): 50 % marks in the following courses (i) BE/B Tech Civil Engineering (ii) B Architecture
- Education (for male & female candidates): 50 % marks in the following courses (i) BE/B Tech Civil Engineering (ii) B Architecture (iv) MSc (Operational Research/Analysis) (v) MSc Meteorology/Oceanography, Atmospheric Sciences) (vi) MA (English or History) OR 60 % marks in the following courses (i) BE/B Tech/M Tech (Mechanical) (ii) BE/B Tech/M Tech (Computer Science Engg./IT) (iii) M Tech (Meteorology/Oceanography, Atmospheric Sciences)
- ATC (for male & female candidates): 60 % marks in the following courses (i) BSc in Physics/Maths or Electronics OR 55 % marks in the following courses (ii) Msc in Physics/Maths or Electronics
Note:- Candidates who have not completed their Degree on the date of filling the application (i.e.appearing candidates) need not apply
HOW TO APPLY
Candidate can submit only Online (e-application) for this entry from 12 Apr 12 to 25 Apr 12. Before submitting e-application, it is advisable to keep all educational certificates,email address, mobile number and soft copy of the latest photograph of size less than 10 kb readily available for error free submission of e-application.
Procedure for Submitting e-application Candidate can submit e-application by visiting our website www.nausena-bharti.nic.in and proceed as follows:-
- Click on the ‘Officer Entry’ button under the option ‘Apply Online’ on the Home Page.
- Fill the online registration form. Tips to assist in filling up fields have been provided as you highlight each field.
- Before clicking the Submit button it should be checked whether all the details entered in the formare correct as you will not be able to make any corrections after saving the record.
- After submitting the form, a ‘Application Number’ will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. This Application Number will automatically appear on the printout of the form. If the system does not generate the Application Number, it is an indication of non-acceptance of Application by the system.
- Print two copies of the online Application Form having the system generated Application Number. One copy of this Application Form is to be duly signed and mailed (posted) to Post Box No. 04, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi – 110 021 along with the following documents:- Self attested photograph, Attested photo copies of 10th & 12th class certificates along with Mark Sheets, other educational certificates and mark sheets of all semester/years.
- A superscription is to be made on envelope : ONLINE APPLICATION NO.——-APPLICATION FOR PC (LOG)/SSC (EDUCATION)/SSC (ATC) – DEC 2012 COURSE Qualification——–Percentage——-%.
- Application and requisite enclosures must be properly tagged/stapled, IHQ MoD(Navy) will not be responsible for loss of enclosures/non-receipt.
Note:- Application is to be posted through normal post. Application sent by Speed Post/Registered Post/Courier/e-mail will not be accepted.
Note:- (i) Final receipt of the printout of the Online Application Form with system generated Application Number and all documents as mentioned in sub para (e) above (if received by 05 May 2012) will be the final CONFIRMATION of receipt of your Application at IHQ MoD (Navy). Hence, only filling the application Online/generation of Application Number does not imply that the candidate has fulfilled all the criteria given in the advertisement. (ii) Your application is subject to subsequent scrutiny and the application can be rejected, if found INELIGIBLE at any point of time.
- Candidates will be issued call up for Service Selection Board (SSB) interviews based on their performance in Degree Course. If a candidate possesses higher qualification with better percentage, his higher qualification will be considered for cut off. Integrated Headquarters, Ministry of Defence (Navy) reserves the right to short-list applications and to fix cut off percentage. No communication will be entertained on this account. SSB interviews for short-listed candidates will be scheduled at Bangalore/Bhopal/Coimbatore during Jul – Nov 2012.
- Stage I test, consisting of Intelligence Tests, Picture Perception and Discussion Tests will be conducted on the second day of arrival at SSB. Candidate who fail to qualify in Stage I will be routed back on the same day. Stage II Tests comprising of Psychological Testing, Group Testing and Interview will last for 04 days. Successful candidates will thereafter undergo Medical examination (approx duration 03-05 days).
- Candidates recommended by the SSBs and declared medically fit, will be appointed for training in order of All India Merit depending on the number of vacancies.
- Change of SSB venue for interview is not permissible.
- Any correspondence regarding change of SSB dates be addressed to the President of the concerned SSB on receipt of call up letter. Award of fresh dates for SSB would be subject to availability.
- No compensation will be paid in respect of any injury sustained as a result of tests.
- Return 3rd AC rail fare is admissible for the SSB interview, if appearing for the first time for this entry.
DUTIES OF LOGISTICS OFFICER
Logistics Officer deals with the Logistics aspects of Men and Material. He plays a vital role in the human aspect of the ship/establishment’s organisation. A modern warship irrespective of its role needs a continuous supply of fresh provisions, fuel and spares. You as a Logistics Officer will be responsible for smooth supply of stores to all naval units. In no other career does an officer get such a vast exposure to keep abreast of modern and latest development in the field of management and finance. Officers with Works Specialisation would get a wide exposure in Civil Works and Infrastructure related appointments during the span of their career.
DUTIES OF AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL OFFICER
The Indian Navy operates various types of modern aircraft from shore based airfields as well as from ships. Air Traffic Control Officers in the Indian Navy control naval fighter aircraft, maritime reconnaissance aircraft and multi role helicopters both ashore and afloat. In no other career, an officer gets exposed to such a wide spectrum of opportunities to keep abreast of modern and latest developments in the field of Air Traffic Control. Life in the Navy is full of challenges and adventures. The Navy provides some of the finest training facilities, which will turn you into a skilled professional, mentally agile and physically fit officer.
DUTIES OF EDUCATION OFFICER
Education officers are responsible for imparting instructions onboard Training Ships & Establishments. Avenues to specialise in Meteorology & Oceanography/ Naval Communications/Anti Submarine Warfare/Gunnery/Navigation & Direction/ Hydrography/IT and MTech Courses are also available. Education officers will also be responsible for control and co-ordination of Schooling/Libraries/Academic facilities, Distance Education, Naval examinations for control and co-ordination of Schooling/Libraries/Academic facilities, Distance Education, Naval examinations(On/Off line), development of Training Design and Evaluation and Human Resources.
Cost to Company (CTC): The CTC for a Sub Lieutenant would be approximately Rs. 66,000/- per month. This includes Basic Pay, DA, Grade Pay, Military Service Pay, House Rent Allowance and Transport allowance. These rates are subject to change. In addition to the CTC mentioned above, Navy provides Free Medical Facilities for Self & dependents, Canteen Facilities, Entitled Ration, Mess/Club/Sports Facilities, Furnished Govt. Accommodation, Car/Housing Loan at subsidised rate. Insurance cover of Rs. 40 lakhs (on contribution) and Gratuity will be granted to the officer as per the latest rules in force. On Commission, officers are entitled to 60 days annual and 20 days casual leave every year (subject to service exigencies). They are also entitled for 40% rail concession to any place and free travel (as per extant rules) for self and family. Leave during training period will be as per the Training Policy in force.
For further details click the Indian Navy Website
- Indian Navy: Logistics Cadre / Naval Armament / Education
- Career in Indian Navy
- Indian Navy: Permanent Commissioned Officers in Education Branch (B.Tech, BSc., MSc.)
- Indian Navy: SSC officers (Technical Branches) UES – Final, Pre-final Yr
- Indian Navy: Executive Branch as Officers – SSC (General Service / Hydro Cadre)