The last date – 31st September, 2011
1500 Scholarships for Students with Disabilities
National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation (NHFDC), for and on behalf of Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Govt. of India, invites applications from Students with Disabilities for award of Scholarship under the following two Scholarship Schemes :-
1. Scholarship Scheme (Trust Fund) :-
- Under this scheme, 1000 Scholarships will be awarded to eligible students with disabilities for degree and post graduate level professional and technical courses from recognized institutions in India.
- Applicants may apply any time in academic year for scholarship under this scheme. Scholarships will be awarded on quarterly basis for the applications received in preceding quarter. Under this scheme, an advance copy of application should also be submitted online by the candidate.
- Reimbursement of Non-Refundable fees restricted to the limit of fee of similar courses in Government/ Government –aided institutions. Maintenance allowance will be paid to the students for 10 months @ Rs. 2500/ per month for Professional Graduate Courses and Rs.3000/- per month for Professional Post- Graduate Courses in one academic year.
- Books/Stationery allowance will be paid to students pursuing Professional Graduate Courses @ Rs.6,000/ per annum and Rs.10,000/- per annum for pursuing Professional Post-Graduate Courses.
- Visual and hearing differently-abled students in addition will be provided financial assistance for purchase of aids & appliances (only once during life time).
- Monthly income of the beneficiary /parent or guardian should not be more than Rs.25,000/- (Rs. 3.00 Lakh p.a.) from all sources. Family income includes income of parent/guardian.
2. Scholarship Scheme (National Fund):-
- Under this scheme, 500 National Scholarships will be awarded to eligible students with disabilities for pursuing higher academic/professional or technical qualification.
- Applicants has to apply for scholarship before 31-8-2011 and scholarship shall be awarded once in a Academic year under this scheme.
- Scholarship of Rs.1000/-p.m. for hostellers and Rs.700/-p.m. for day scholars studying in professional courses at graduation and above level, and Rs.700/-p.m. for hostellers and Rs.400/-p.m. for day scholars pursuing Diploma/Certificate level professional courses. Course fee reimbursed upto ceiling of Rs.10,000/- per year.
- Financial assistance can be given for computer with editing software for blind/deaf graduate and post graduate students pursuing professional courses and for support access software for cerebral palsy students.
- Monthly income of the beneficiary/parent or guardian should not be more than Rs.15,000/ – (Rs. 1.80 Lakh p.a.) from all sources. Family income includes income of parent/guardian.
How to apply :- The applications for scholarship in prescribed format along with requisite documents duly countersigned and recommended by the Head of the Institution, where they are studying, should reach to: National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation (NHFDC), Red Cross Bhawan, Sector-12, Faridabad-121007.
Note :- Only one Scholarship out of the two Scholarship Schemes shall be granted to the eligible candidates if he has applied under both the Scholarship Schemes.
For further details, please visit website of NHFDC “www.nhfdc.nic.in” or contact: NHFDC at, Telephone nos. 0129 – 2226910, 2287512, 2287513 Fax no. 0129 – 2284371, E-mail – email@example.com