LAST DATE (Online Registration): 21.03.2012 (Wednesday)
GATEWAY to Maharatna NTPC, for MBAs and CAs/ICWAs
NTPC Limited. India’s largest power company with an installed capacity of 34,854 MW is presently operating 16 coal based, 7 gas based and 6 Joint Venture power ail: stations. NTPC contributed approximately 1/3 of the country’s entire power generation during the year 2010-11 and plans to become a 128 GW power company by 2032. NTPC is powering ahead by diversifying its portfolio to emerge as an integrated power major with presence across the entire energy value chain. A Maharatna and one of the most reputed companies NTPC, has won many prestigious awards and is amongst the best employers in the country. To fuel its ambitious growth plan, NTPC is looking for promising, energetic young MBAs and CAs/ICWAs with brilliant academic record to join the organization as EXECUTIVE TRAINEES in disciplines of:-
- Human Resources (25)
- Finance (35)
Executive Trainees – Human Resources (ET-HR): Graduates with at least two years full time Post Graduate Degree/ Post Graduate Diploma / Post Graduate Program in Management with specialization in Human Resource / Industrial Relations / Personnel Management or Masters in Social Work or MHROD or MBA with specialization in HR from recognized Indian University/ Institutes recognized by appropriate statutory authority with not less than 65% marks taking average of all the Semesters/Years, irrespective of the weightage given to any particular semester/year by the Institute/University. Final year / semester students who expect their result by 01.08.2012 may also apply provided they have obtained at least 65% marks taking average upto pre-final examination.
Executive Trainees – Finance (ET-Fin): CA / ICWA qualified, from institute recognized by appropriate statutory authority in India, are eligible to apply. Final year / semester students who expect their result by 01.08.2012 may also apply.
AGE LIMIT: Upper Age limit is 29 years as on 21.03.2012 i.e. candidates born before 21.03.83 need not apply.
SELECTION PROCESS: Eligible candidates will have to appear for All India based Online Selection Test. Based on the Merit and requirement; candidates will be short listed for Group Discussion and Personal Interview. All Short Listed candidates have to secure minimum qualifying marks in GD & interview.
TEST CENTERS: The selection test will be held in 14 cities as mentioned in the online Application system. Candidates have to choose any two cities as preference-1 and preference-2, as Test Center and no change in any circumstance will be considered subsequently. However, NTPC reserves the right to cancel or add any center depending on the response of the candidates for that area / center.
COMPENSATION PACKAGE: NTPC Ltd. offers one of the best pay packages in the industry. Selected candidates will be placed in the pay scale of Rs. 24900-3%-50500 at the basic pay of Rs. 24900/- during one-year training. These candidates will be absorbed after successful completion of training as Officer in the pay scale of Rs. 24900-3%-50500 at a basic pay of Rs. 25650/-.
Besides basic pay candidates will also be paid Dearness Allowance and will also be entitled for other perquisites & allowances under cafeteria approach. Benefits such as leave, medical treatment, Provident Fund, Gratuity, etc will be admissible as per company rules in force from time to time during training / after absorption.
PLACEMENT: The selected candidates shall undergo one year training at various places. The region in which the selected candidates will be posted will be decided at the time of joining, however final place of posting in that region will be allocated after successful completion of training based on the performance during the training and requirement at each location. Candidates can be placed, across the country, in any of the functions at projects/ stations or offices including joint ventures & subsidiary companies of NTPC.
RESERVATIONS AND RELAXATIONS: Reservations and relaxations for SC / ST / OBC (non-creamy layer) / PWD (degree of disability 40% or above) candidates will be provided as per Government guidelines.
SERVICE AGREEMENT BOND: The selected candidates who belong to General and OBC categories will be required to execute a service agreement bond of Rs. 2,50,000/- (Rs. 1,25,000/- for candidates belonging to SC, ST categories and PWDs) to serve the company for at least 3 years after successful completion of the training.
HEALTH: The candidate should have sound health. Before joining, candidates will have to undergo medical examination by the NTPC Medical Board and the decision of the board will be final and binding. No relaxation in health standards is allowed. Detailed medical norms are available on the website www.ntpccareers.net.
- Commencement of Online Registration for ONLINE Selection Test 01.03.2012 (Thursday)
- Last date of Online Registration: 21.03.2012 (Wednesday)
- Issuing of the Admit card for ONLINE Test 05.04.2012
- All India ONLINE Test 14.04.2012 & 15.04.2012
HOW TO APPLY:
- Eligible candidates have to apply through online registration system of NTPC only. To apply visit: www.ntpccareers.net with your valid E-mail ID. The site is functional from 1300 hours of 01.03.2012 to midnight of 21.03.2012.
- Candidate belonging to General/OBC category is required to pay a non-refundable registration fee of Rs. 500/-. The SC / ST / PH category candidate need not pay the registration fee.
- State Bank of India has been authorized to collect the registration fee, in a specially opened account (No. 30987919993) at CAG branch, New Delhi (Code: 09996), on behalf of NTPC. Candidate has to approach the nearby SBI branch with a printout of the “pay-in-slip” which is available on the application registration portal. The pay-in-slip printed from the portal should only be used for depositing the fee for proper crediting of amount in the allocated account. On receipt of the money the bank will issue a unique
- Journal Number and a Branch Code of the bank collecting the money. This journal number and the branch code are to be filled up by the candidate during online registration. NTPC will not be responsible, in case a candidate deposits the fee in wrong account. There will not be any other mode of payment of registration amount.
- Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances. Candidates are therefore requested to verify their eligibility before paying the registration fee.
- While applying Online, candidate should keep the scanned copy of their passport size colour photograph and their signature in JPEG format of not more than 500 KB size each. All SC, ST and Person With Disabilities need to upload their caste certificate and disability certificates also of not more than 500 KB each.
- After applying online, candidate is required to download the registration slip generated by the system with unique registration number. Candidates are required to keep the printout of the Registration slip which will be required at the time of Group Discussion and Personal Interview if short listed for.
MORE DETAILS: http://www.ntpccareers.net/et_files/ad_hrfin_2012.pdf