ELECTRICITY SERVICE COMMISSION: U.P. Power Corporation Ltd., Lucknow. Advt. No. 1/VSA/2011
Applications are invited on the prescribed “ON LINE” Application form from eligible Indian Nationals for direct recruitment to the following posts of Assistant Engineer (Trainee) in various distribution companies viz, Madhyanchal/Poorvanchal/Pashchimanchal/Dakshinanchal/ Kesco and Power Transmission Corporation Ltd. under Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Ltd. as detailed below:
- Assistant Engineer (Trainee) Electrical : 250
- Assistant Engineer (Trainee)Electronic/ Tele. Communication : 30
- Assistant Engineer (Trainee) Computer Science & Engg./ IT : 25
- Assistant Engineer (Trainee) Civil : 5
These vacancies may also increase or decrease as per requirements. Other provisions /Instructions required for filling application form are given as under:-
- Pay Scale : Pay Band-3; Rs. 15600-39100 + Grade Pay Rs. 5400/- Dearness and other allowances admissible as per rules.
- Essential Qualification : (1) Candidates should have thorough knowledge of Hindi Devnagri script. If the candidate has not passed High School or equivalent examination in Hindi, he/she has to clear an exam conducted by the Registrar, Departmental Examination Govt. of UP within 3 years of joining. (2) Bachelor‟s degree in Electrical/ Computer Science & Engineering/ Electronics/Tele Communication/Information Technology/Civil Engineering from an University OR from an Institute established under the law of Uttar Pradesh or from any other Institution recognized by State Government or a degree or diploma recognized as equivalent thereto by the State Government or Part-A & B examinations conducted by the Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) General and OBC candidates having minimum 60% marks in aggregate, belonging to SC/ST category with minimum 55% aggregate marks in engineering degree shall only be eligible to apply for these posts. Candidates having degree through distance education programme are not eligible to apply. Handicapped (OA / OL) candidates may apply for the posts only if they are affected with above disability by at least 40% or above.
- Age : (I) Minimum 21 years and maximum 35 years as on 01-01-2011. (II) Relaxation in upper age limit of maximum 01 year will be provided to the candidates who had undergone apprenticeship training under Apprenticeship Act 1961. (III) In accordance with the orders of UP Govt. relaxation in upper age will be provided maximum of 5 years to the SC, ST & OBC (non creamy layer) candidates who are original inhabitants of Uttar Pradesh. (IV) Relaxation in upper age limit upto 5 years is also provided to dependents of freedom fighters. (V) Relaxation in upper age limit for the physically handicapped (OA/OL) candidates is 15 years. Upper age relaxation to those ex-service men who had served minimum of 5 years in armed forces shall be the number of years served in services plus 3 years.
- Reservation : (i) Reservation will be provided as per reservation rules of UP Govt. to SC/ST and OBC (non creamy layer) candidates who are original inhabitants (Domicile of Uttar Pradesh only), hence SC/ST and OBC of other states should apply as general candidates. (ii) 2% horizontal reservation will be provided to the dependent of freedom fighters. (iii) 1% horizontal reservation will be provided to the physically handicapped candidates of OA/OL category each and 3% horizontal reservation for the Ex -Serviceman.
- No Objection Certificate : Candidate who are working with any state/central/semi govt. organization shall have to submit ‟NOC‟ from their present employer at the time of interview, failing which they will not be permitted to appear in the interview.
- Selection Process : Selection will be done on the basis of written examination ( objective type) to be held at Agra, Allahabad, Lucknow, Meerut. The examination shall comprise total 200 questions. The breakup of the questions shall be Engineering Subject 150, General Knowledge 20, Reasoning 20 and General Hindi 10. Interviews will be conducted at Lucknow. Short listed candidates on the basis of written test, will be called for interview.
- Apprenticeship : Candidates having undergone apprenticeship training in UPPCL/UPRVUNL/ UPJVNL under Apprenticeship Act 1961, will be given preference as per related orders of Hon‟ble Supreme Court in case all other requisites being same.
- Application Fee : (1) Processing fee of Rs. 1000/- only for candidates belonging to OBC/General category and Rs. 700/- only for candidates belonging to SC/ST (domicile of U.P.) category shall be payable through a crossed demand draft of SBI in favour of „SECRETARY, ELECTRICITY SERVICE COMMISSION, LUCKNOW‟ payable at Lucknow. This should be attached with the application form. Application form without demand draft shall be rejected. The processing fees once received with the application will not be refunded under any condition. (2) Candidates must write their name, post code, control number (only for ON LINE applicants) & Father‟s name (only for Manual Applicants) on the back of the demand draft. (3) Candidates should take special care not to staple the demand draft. They should use steel pins for fastening all documents/demand drafts.
- Character : Candidate will have to produce character certificate issued from the head of the last institute attended and also from two responsible/ respectable persons who should not be his/her relatives at the time of interview.
- Marital Status : Any married male/female candidate having more than one wife/husband alive and female candidate who is married to a person who has already one or more living wife, are not eligible for selection.
- How to apply : Kindly note that “ON LINE” applications shall be preferred. The manual applications shall be entertained only in unavoidable conditions. While applying ON LINE, the demand draft details and e-mail ID valid for minimum next one year are mandatory fields without which the applications will not be registered ON LINE. The online registration site would remain open from 24.02.2011 to 23.03.2011. The following procedure should be adopted:- STEP-1: Login to www.epostbag.com/esc1012 STEP-2: Read the advertisement content carefully. STEP-3: Click on “Apply Online.” STEP-4: Fill up the online application form with your details. STEP-5: Click “SUBMIT” take a print of the Application form after it is displayed. Note :- Please do not try to save the online form as well as the application on Computer as you can reprint the filled application form till the offer is open. STEP-6: Paste a recent passport size photograph on the downloaded application form, attach one additional such photograph, the demand draft bearing your name, post code and control number on its backside and self attested copies of caste, domicile certificate (only for original inhabitant SC/ST and OBC candidates of Uttar Pradesh), Date of Birth/High School certificate, technical eligibility qualification certificate/final year mark sheet, Ex-Serviceman certificate, certificate of dependent of freedom fighter (whichever is applicable), certificate of physically handicapped with percentage of disability and keep it in an approximately 6.5×9 inch size envelope. The envelope should be superscribed with “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF ASSISTANT ENGINEER”. Now send this envelope to Secretary, Electricity Service Commission, UPPCL, B-17, J-Road, Sector-C, Mahanagar Extension, Lucknow-226006 only by registered post with acknowledge due card. NOTE: CANDIDATE MUST NOTE DOWN THEIR CONTROL NO. AND KEEP A COPY OF APPLICATION FORM FOR FUTURE REFERENCE. STEP-7: In due course of time the Admit Card will be sent through registered/speed post at the postal address given by the candidate. However, in case of non receipt of Admit Card by post, the candidates will be intimated by e-mail/press release when the admit card can also be downloaded by the candidate. On receipt of this information, the candidates will have to once again login to www.epostbag.com/esc1012 and go to the „ADMIT CARD‟, click the same and follow instructions given in the E-mail/message box. STEP-8: Paste a recent passport size Photograph similar to the photograph pasted earlier on the application form on this downloaded admit card and carry this admit card to the examination centre mentioned therein on the date and time indicated in the admit card. For reprinting of application form: Log on to www.epostbag.com/esc1012 and click on “reprint of application form,”. Fill in Date of Birth E-mail ID or Control No. then click on “Continue” to view and then reprint the Application form.
- In case the candidate belongs to some remote site not conducive for online applying and e-mail facility, he may clearly choose for the option of Manual Application Form. (Form is available with this advertisement). The same should be typed on A-4 size paper and the particulars be filled, photograph pasted and one additional such photograph, self attested copies of all documents described under heading STEP-6 of Point no. 11 along with demand draft bearing name, post code and father‟s name on its backside should be annexed and kept in an approximately 6.5×9 inch size envelop superscribed with “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF ASSISTANT ENGINEER” and “Manual Application”. The same should be sent to Secretary, Electricity Service Commission, UPPCL, B-17, J-Road, Sector-C, Mahanagar Extension, Lucknow-226006 only by registered post with acknowledge due card.
- The Online Applications and Manual Applications sent by registered post shall be accepted at the office of Electricity Service Commission till 06.04. 2011.
- Candidates should clearly choose only one of the options mentioned at point no. 11 & 12, otherwise his candidature shall be cancelled.
- Candidates should apply only for one post code, as written examination of all the post codes shall be conducted simultaneously.
- Application form sent by hand, shall not be acceptable under any circumstances.
- General information regarding written test will be available on website www.uppcl.org from time to time. Admit card for written test will be sent through registered/speed post.
- Electricity Service Commission will not be responsible for loss of application by postal department, email/admit card sent due to wrong/invalid email ID/loss in transit etc. what-so-ever may be the reason and the candidature shall be rejected without any information.
- Submission of documents : All original documents viz Caste, domicile certificates, date of birth, Technical eligibility qualification certificate/final marks sheets, character certificate, no objection certificate, Ex-Service man certificate issued by Army, certificate of dependent of freedom fighter (which ever is applicable), certificate of physically handicapped issued by State Medical Board with percentage of disability shall have to be submitted at the time of interview. Failure of producing these qualifying documents will result in automatic rejection of their candidature. Applications which do not meet all the criteria given in this advertisement will be rejected.
- Secretary, Electricity Service Commission reserves the right to cancel this advertisement at any time without assigning any reason thereof. Secretary Electricity Service Commission