INDIAN SPACE RESEARCH ORGANISATION: Department of Space, Government of India
ISRO CENTRALISED RECRUITMENT BOARD(ICRB): Annual Recruitment of Scientists/Engineers ‘SC’ with BE/B.TECH OR Equivalent Degree in Electronics, Mechanical
ADVERTISEMENT No. ISRO HQ:ICRB:01:2012 DATED 08-02-2012
Last Date of Application: 28-02-2012
Indian Space Research Organisation [ISRO] is a Research and Development organisation engaged in application of Space Science and Technology for the benefit of society at large and for serving the nation by achieving self-reliance and developing capacity to design and build Launch Vehicles and Communication/Remote Sensing Satellites and thereafter launch them. ISRO strives to serve the nation in the areas of television broadcast, telecommunication, meteorological application and in management of our natural resources. The continuing expansion of space applications programmes like Village Resources Centres, telemedicine, tele-education, disaster management support and outreach through Direct-To-Home television, reiterates the increasing role played by the Indian space systems in providing direct benefits to the society. Thus, Indian space programme continues to pursue successful goals on all fronts in meeting the objective of achieving self-reliance in space technology and its applications for national development. The future ISRO programme envisages development of cutting edge technologies for reusable launch vehicle, development of advanced technologies for Human Spaceflight Programme, advanced high efficiency semi-cryogenic propulsion system, advanced communication satellite, air breathing propulsion, satellite based navigation system, hyper spectral imaging sensors, and inter planetary missions. Challenging opportunities exist at ISRO to undertake development of innovative technologies and establish the advanced infrastructure needed for space exploration and beyond.
Eligibility: BE/B.Tech or equivalent in First Class with an aggregate minimum of 65% (average of all semesters for which results are available). Candidates who are slated to complete the BE/B.Tech course in the academic year 2011-12 are also eligible to apply provided final Degree is available by 31.8.2012
Age Limit: 35 years as on 28-02-2012 (40 years in case of SC/ST candidates and 38 years for OBC candidates, Ex-serviceman and Persons with Disabilities[PWD] are eligible for age relaxation as per Govt. of India orders).
For PWD persons, orders on reservation to the extent applicable will be extended for the above posts.
How to apply :
- The application for on-line registration will be hosted in the ISRO web-site between 08-02-2012 and 28-02-2012. Candidates may visit our web-site at www.isro.gov.in to register their applications on-line between 08-02-2012 and 28-02-2012. Applications will be received on-line only. Upon registration, applicants will be provided with an on-line Registration Number, which should be carefully preserved for future reference. E-mail ID of the applicant will have to be given in the application compulsorily.
- Payment of Application Fee : There will be an Application Fee of Rs.100/- (Rupees One Hundred Only) for each application. After registration of application on-line, the candidates have to down-load and print the personalized payment challan form, in triplicate, from the ISRO system which will contain the Name of the candidate, Registration Number, Receipt Account Number, Advertisement No., Post No. and Post Code. The candidates may visit the nearest branch of State Bank of India for remittance of application fee to Receipt Account No.32034064593, by using the personalized payment challan of State Bank of India on any day between 08.02.2012 and 29.02.2012. The candidates may down-load and print the personalized payment challan from the ISRO system on any day between 08.02.2012 and 28.02.2012 and remit the application fee before the prescribed last date i.e., 29.02.2012. Upon remittance of the application fee, one copy of the challan form will be retained by State Bank [Bank copy] and remaining two parts will be given to the candidate. Out of the two challan parts, the candidate has to send one part of the challan form [ISRO copy] to Sr. Administrative Officer (ICRB), ISRO Headquarters, Antariksh Bhavan, New BEL Road, Bangalore -560 231 by post superscribing on the envelope “ICRB – RECRUITMENT OF SCIENTIST/ENGINEER ‘SC’” within 7 days of filing of application and in any case not later than 07.03.2012. The remaining one copy of challan form [Applicant copy] shall be retained by the candidate for future reference. The payment shall be made through cash deposit only. Payment of Application Fee in any other form like cash, cheque, draft, money order, IPO, etc. are not allowed. Applications, in respect of which copy of challan form, after remittance of prescribed application fee [ISRO copy] is not received in ISRO HQ, Bangalore on or before 07.03.2012, will not be considered for further processing under any circumstances.
- Women; Scheduled Castes (SC); Scheduled Tribes (ST); Ex-serviceman [EX] and Persons with Disabilities (PWD) candidates are exempted from payment of Application Fee. However, after registration of application on-line, the candidates have to down-load and print the personalized registration confirmation form, in duplicate, from the ISRO system which will contain the Name of the candidate, Registration Number, Advertisement No., Post No. and Post Code. Out of the two personalized registration confirmation form, the candidates have to send one part of the form [ISRO copy] alongwith a certificate indicated against each category, as below, to Sr. Administrative Officer (ICRB), ISRO Headquarters, Antariksh Bhavan, New BEL Road, Bangalore -560 231 by post superscribing on the envelope “ICRB – RECRUITMENT OF SCIENTIST/ENGINEER ‘SC’” within 7 days of filing of application and in any case not later than 07.03.2012. The remaining one copy of registration confirmation form [Applicant copy] shall be retained by the candidate for future reference.
Women Candidate – Gender certificate issued by the Principal of the College where last studied or Attested copy of PAN Card/Voter’s ID Card/College ID Card/Passport/Driving License/Ration Card.
SC/ST candidates – Attested copy of Caste Certificate
Persons with disabilities(PWD) – Attested copy of Medical Certificate indicating extent of disability issued by Medical Board
Ex-Servicemen – Attested copy of Discharge Certificate
- Applications, in respect of which the above certificates are not received alongwith a copy of the registration confirmation form [ISRO copy] on or before 07.03.2012 will not be considered for further processing under any circumstances.
- Those candidates who are already employed under Central/State Government, Public Sector Undertakings or Autonomous Bodies have to send a `No Objection Certificate’ from the employer concerned, duly indicating their Registration Number and Post Code to Sr. Administrative Officer (ICRB), ISRO Headquarters, Antariksh Bhavan, New BEL Road, Bangalore -560 231 within 7 days of filing of application and in any case not later than 07.03.2012.
Selection Process: The candidate should have First Class with minimum 65% marks in the Qualifying Degree ie, BE/B.Tech or equivalent for submission of application on line. Please note that this qualification prescribed is the MINIMUM requirement and the same does not automatically make candidates eligible for written test. Based on the academic performance and bio-data, initial screening will be conducted to short-list candidates for taking-up written test. The written test will be conducted on 1.04.2012(Saturday) at thirteen venues viz., Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Dispur, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, New Delhi and Thiruvananthapuram. However, the Organisation reserves the right to cancel/change the written test venue and re-allot the candidates to any other test centre. The call letters for the written test to the short-listed candidates will be sent only by e-mail during the first week of April 2012. Based on the performance of the candidates in the Written Test, candidates will be short-listed for interview. The schedule and venue of the interview will be notified separately to the shortlisted candidates only. Candidates attending the interview will be reimbursed to and fro second-class train fare by the shortest route from the city indicated in the online application form to the place of interview (change of address and city for the purpose will not be entertained)..
Pay and Allowances: Selected candidates will be appointed as Scientist/Engineer ‘SC’ in the pay band of 15600-39100 with grade pay of 5400/-. The gross emoluments in the minimum of pay band will at present be approximately Rs. 33,180/-p.m. In addition, House Rent Allowance [HRA] and Transport Allowance at the prescribed rates in force at the place of posting will be paid for those who are not availing Departmental Housing and Transport facility, respectively. The employees will be governed by the New Pension Scheme. On employment in ISRO, other facilities are available such as medical facilities for self and dependants, subsidized canteen, transport allowance when official transport is not availed, limited housing facility for fresh entrants in lieu of HRA, Leave Travel Concession, Group Insurance, advances for purchase of conveyance, construction of house, etc as per Central Government orders.
- The posts are temporary, but likely to continue.
- The appointees are liable to be posted in any of the Centres/Units of the Indian Space Research Organisation/Department of Space situated anywhere in India as and when required. For details of ISRO Centres/Units, please visit ISRO Centers page
- Candidates called for interview will have to produce all relevant original documents in proof of details furnished in their applications submitted on-line, at the time of interview. If any information furnished on-line is found to be wrong or false, the candidate will not be interviewed and TA will not be paid.
- No TA will be paid for attending the Written Test.
- ISRO reserves the right not to fill up all or any of the posts, if it so decides.
- Only Indian Nationals need apply.
- No interim correspondence will be entertained. In case of any clarification candidates may send their mail to email@example.com
- Government strives to have a workforce which reflects gender balance and women candidates are encouraged to apply.
WEB-SITE – http://www.isro.gov.in