Last Date : 11.02.2012 up to 17.00 hrs
THE SHIPPING CORPORATION OF INDIA LTD(SCI).
FLEET PERSONNEL DEPARTMENT
Applications are invited from Unmarried Male and Female Graduate Four Year BE/B.Tech/B.S (Marine Engineer) for Recruitment as TRAINEE ENGINEERING CADET
As a National Carrier and country’s premier shipping line, The Shipping Corporation of India owns and operates around one-third of the Indian tonnage, and has operating interests in practically all areas of the shipping business; serving both National and International trades. In view of the demand from Indian trade, the SCI has diversified into a large number of areas. The SCI is today the only Indian shipping Company operating Tankers, Product Carriers, International container services, Liquid/dry bulk services, LPG & LNG, Offshore services, Passenger services. In addition, the SCI mans and manages a large number of vessels on behalf of various government departments and organizations. As a profitable commercial venture of the Government of India, the SCI has an excellent track record of profitability since its inception. The SCI’s annual performance has consecutively been rated excellent for a record 18 times, under the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed with the Government of India. Also The Government of India has conferred “Navratna” status to SCI.
For our growing fleet we are inviting applications from unmarried male and female Graduate four year BE/B.Tech./B.S (Marine Engineer) as Trainee Engineering Cadet.
QUALIFICATION: Four year degree(Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Technology/Bachelor of Science in Marine Engineering from Directorate General of Shipping (DG ),and AICTE Approved Engineering college.
Candidate should be in possession of MEO CL IV Part A Certificate (EXN-45) at the time of Interview.
At the time of Personnel Interview, candidate also be in possession of Original valid documents like FOUR YEAR degree in Marine Engineering with minimum 50% marks in final year, MEO CL IV Part A Certificate (EXN-45) OR Certificate issued by respective institute indicating that candidate has successfully completed shore base pre sea training, Passport(PP),Continuous Discharge Certificate (CDC),INDOS No, Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate, STCW Certificates, Tanker familiarization courses certificates(Oil/Chem/Gas), Endorsement certificates, Police Clearance Certificate, SSC/HSC Passing Certificate, Caste Certificate for reserve category candidates (as per format available on our website), Caste Validity Certificate etc.
AGE LIMIT: Maximum 28 years as on 01.04.2012. Candidate must be born on or after 31.03.1984. For SC/ST candidate, on or after 31.03.1979. Age relaxation of two years for women candidates.
MEDICAL STANDARD & EYE SIGHT : Candidate must have good health and are to be fit for sea service as per existing MS Medical rules 2000 applicable to sea farers. Defective colour vision (colour blindness) NOT accepted.
DURATION OF TRAINING, APPOINTMENT & STIPEND: The onboard training is only for six months from the date of joining on any of The Shipping Corporation of India’s Own/Manned/Managed/Main fleet/OSV vessels as per the vacancy schedule.
THIS RECRUITMENT IS ONLY FOR ONE TIME SHIPBOARD TRAINING AND THE SHIPPING CORPORATION OF INDIA DO NOT HAVE OBLIGATION OR GUARANTEE FOR ANY FURTHER EMPLOYMENT,OR EXTENSION OF SHIP BOARD TRAINING.
A consolidated Stipend of Rs.25,000 /-(Rs. Twenty Five thousand only)per month & prorata is payable along with other allowances as applicable to shortlisted candidates during training period.
SELECTION PROCEDURE & INTERVIEW SCHEDULE: Eligible candidates will appear in the All India Personnel Interview scheduled at our Head Office, The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd. Mumbai, Maharashtra at their own expenses. Only candidates qualifying in the personnel interview will be called for Medical examination in the ratio of 1:3, (3 candidates called against 1 vacancy) keeping the provision of reservation for SC/ST/OBC in view. Similarly, the final list of selected candidates will also be published on the SCI website and they will also be intimated about the Medical examination and joining date and other formalities.The qualified candidates in personnel interview will undergo medical examination immediately afterpersonnel interview and vessel joining formalities will be communicated in due course.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Eligible candidates have to apply only in the below prescribed format. It is mandatory that the candidates should have a valid e-mail id and mobile number while applying in order to facilitate faster communication. All communications and correspondence will be through emails only.
- Detailed instructions for filling the application form will be given under the “General Instructions”. Candidates should read all instructions before filling application form carefully.
- Before applying, candidates should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria and norms mentioned in this advertisement.
- On downloaded application form, candidates are required, to paste the recent self attested passport size photo in the space indicated, put his/her signature in the place and send the same application form along with the PHOTOCOPIES ONLY of enclosures like (PP,CDC, INDOS NO,SSC/HSC Passing Certificate for birth proof, All semester mark sheets, Degree Certificate, Caste certificate, Caste Validity Certificate, MEO CL IV Part A,(Exn-45 Certificate) OR certificate issued by respective institute indicating that candidate has successfully completed shore base pre sea training , Yellow fever, Police Clearance Certificate (PCC), STCW Familiarization courses and endorsements) only by ORDINARY POST (No Courier/Hand delivery) to the following address super scribing the envelop as “Application for Trainee Engineering Cadet”, addressed to Executive Director ,Fleet Personnel Dept.,Third Floor,The Shipping Corporation Of India Ltd.,Shipping House,245, Madam Cama Road, Nariman point, Mumbai 400 021,Maharashtra,India before 1700hrs.11thFeb 2012.
- To prevent postal delay and/ or loss kindly ensure that the application is sent to the address given above only before due date and time. Application received after due date and time are not eligible for recruitment. Any delay etc. at Candidates or at Post Office end, The Shipping Corporation Of India Ltd. is not responsible.
- Candidates will have to apply for only once.
GENERAL INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTION:
- Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply for the post of Trainee Engineering Cadet.
- If any information provided by the candidate is found to be false or incorrect or not in conformity with the eligibility criteria, then his / her candidature is liable to be rejected at anystage of the recruitment process or after recruitment or joining.
- No modifications are allowed after submission of the application form. Incomplete application form in any particulars is liable to reject. Write NA which ever is not applicable.
- Candidature is also liable to be rejected if the application sheet along with the relevant enclosures is not received, received unsigned, received without self attested photo,not received through ordinary post or received after the last date of receipt of applications.
- Candidates employed with Government departments / PSUs / Autonomous bodies have to produce NOC at the time of interview if called for the same. If such candidates cannot provide the NOC, they will not be allowed to appear for the interview.
- The Shipping Corporation of India ltd .reserves the right to change the number of vacancies and cancel / restrict / modify / alter the recruitment process, if required, without issuing any further notice or assigning any reason thereof.
- Any modifications / amendments in the advertisement will be given in The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd. website only www.shipindia.com.
- Important information regarding recruitment will be available in SCI website and as such, candidates are advised to visit the same frequently for necessary instructions.
- Candidate should bring all the original valid documents and two sets of photocopies of all certificates at the time of interview. Candidates fail to produce Original documents will not be allowed to appear personnel Interview
Website : www.shipindia.com